Welcome to Torbay Rambling Club
We're a friendly, well established walking group based in Torbay, South Devon.
- We offer walks of different lengths and levels of difficulty on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays most weeks
- Walks take place in Torbay, along the South West Coast Path, on Dartmoor and in neighbouring areas
- Dogs on leads are permitted on most walks
- We organise social events throughout the year
- Membership is only £7 a year
If you are interested in joining us one of our ‘taster’ walks why not take a look at our upcoming walks. You can also subscribe to our newsletter so that we can keep you informed of our future social events programme.
Become a Member
If you are interested in becoming a member, as a taster why not join us on one of our walks. Simply choose a walk from our walks programme and join us at the start point, or contact the walk leader, whose contact details you will find on the walks programme.
Before you come along please read our Safe Walking Code
TRC’s Safe Walking Code
- Wear stout boots/walking shoes. Consider using poles or a stick over rough ground. The leader reserves the right to ask you to leave if you are inadequately equipped. (For more detail see the TRC website).
- Bring a waterproof jacket and trousers, warm clothing and sunscreen as appropriate.
- Take sufficient food and drink.
- Walkers are advised to carry a personal first aid kit, an Emergency Details Card (details of any medical conditions and details of whom to contact in case of incident, available on the website),a whistle and a mobile phone. Best practice: add the leader’s phone number in case of separation from the group.
- Walk behind the leader and in front of the back marker and tell the leader if you leave a walk early or leave the group for a toilet stop.
- Keep sight of the person in front of you and walk at a reasonable pace.
- Abide by the country code.
- Follow the leader’s instructions regarding single file walking, crossing roads, closing gates etc.
- Fluorescent vests should be worn on roads if you have one.
- Dogs, when permitted, must be on a lead of not more than 2 metres at all times.
- Do not walk if you do not feel fit and able enough to complete the walk as described on the programme.
Members walk at their own risk:
Walks are over varied terrain and may include road walking, moorland and coastal paths, trip hazards such as boulders, cattle grids and tree roots, stiles, slippery ground, ascents and descents. Consider the difficulty of the advertised walk and remember that you walk at your own risk.
TRC’s insurance is for public liability cover only, not for personal accident cover.
No liability will be accepted by Torbay Rambling Club or any officer, member of the committee, walks leader or other, for any accidents or injuries however caused. All persons walking with or taking part in any event organised by Torbay Rambling Club, its members or members of the committee do so at their own risk.
If after three walks you would like to become a member, please complete and return our Membership Application Form.
If you have any queries please email email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.